Our Patient Bill Of Rights
- 1) Considerate and respectful service.
- 2) Obtain service without regard to race, creed, national origin, sex, disability or illness, or religious affiliation.
- 3) Confidentiality of all information pertaining to you, your medical care and service.
- 4) A timely response to your request for service and to expect continuity of service.
- 5) Agree or refuse any part unwanted service.
- 6) The right to understand all information necessary to ensure the safe and effective use of prescription medications.
- 7) The right to receive counseling from a pharmacist in the language you speak.
- 8) The right to have vital documents, such as the directions for use of a prescription drug translated into your language or explained to you by an interpreter.
- 9) The right to file a complaint with the pharmacy if you do not receive assistance or if any staff member violates these rights.